Congratulations to the many winners of the Louis Roederer Wine Writing Awards presented tonight in London.
Whilst the awards that Vrazon helped to create,the Born Digital Wine Awards, recognise the growing talent of content written specifically for online media, it is fair to say that this is not yet the mainstream of wine writing.
Tonight’s categories covered some important areas such as newspaper columnists and wine books that are terribly important ways to reach consumers and hopefully will continue to do so for many years to come.
Of course it was also a pleasure to attend the event to catch up with many good friends, listen to the entertaining Mr Charles Metcalfe, Chair of the Judges, and to enjoy the many Roederer champagnes including a small taste of Cristal 2004.
Here are the winners that were announced tonight:
1. Artistry of Wine – Colin Hampden-White
2. Emerging Wine Writer of the Year – Erika Szymanski (Palate Press)
3. International Online Wine Columnist / Blogger of the Year - Andrew Jefford
4. International Wine Website of the Year – Peter Liem (www.champagneguide.net)
5. International Wine Publication of the Year – The World of Fine Wine
6. Regional Wine Writer of the Year – Tom Bruce-Gardner (Glasgow Herald)
7. International Wine Book of the Year – Summer in a Glass, Evan Dawson
8. International Wine Columnist of the Year – Michael Fridjohn
9. International Wine Feature Writer of the Year – John Stimpfig
Congratulations to all the winners and the equally worthy shortlisted candidates, particularly to our successful online friends at Palate Press including David Hoenig and Evan Dawson, as well as Peter Liem, flying the flag for online writers.
For full details and shortlists, head over to www.theroedererawards.com