Do you doubt the ability of Twitter to offer valuable and tangible business benefits? Then check out this little example.
I was at the Wines from Spain tasting today and I met Sarah. In fact we were already “friends” on twitter in our various alter-egos as @thirstforwine and @bottlegreenltd but had not really met in person. In any case, this twitter-enabled chat encouraged us to taste some of each others’ wines, and in the process I was asked what I thought of this label:
Knowing that such things are subjective, I thought I’d ask for wider input, so I shared the photo with twitter. Within 20 minutes, I had 15-20 responses to be able to gauge a more general view. In this case, unlike my own personal luke-warm stance, the response was overwhelmingly positive. Check out some of the reactions below (some are not included as the messages are private):
- quaffability @thirstforwine I do like. Very nicely executed. But my first reaction is that it’s vermouth, and I think that is a problem.
- ryanopaz @thirstforwine Love the new label…nice and retro! 🙂
- wineboffin I like it. RT @thirstforwine: http://twitpic.com/17xb65 – A new ‘retro’ Rioja label. What do you think? Like?
- JustinELLiddle @thirstforwine Like. Where did you come across that?
- fmvwines @thirstforwine I think I like it
- ChampagneW @thirstforwine quirky!
- whereisjeannie @thirstforwine love it! Would buy it for the label.
- joanna_h85 Love them!! RT @elliott_people: @thirstforwine – Bottlegreen are a great company, fab people and product!
- GollyGD @thirstforwine It’s attractive, but at first glance I’d think – ooo is that Cafe Rouge’s new house wine label?
- 7SpringsWine @thirstforwine Yes I like it, different, standoutish on the shelves, looks a bit ‘devilish’. Tim
- emmab1984 @thirstforwine http://twitpic.com/17xb65 – I don’t think I like it!
- RedWhiteorPink @thirstforwine I like – very retro
- WineChallenge @thirstforwine Yes, we like! Very Art Deco.
- AlexDuran_ Fine! RT: @thirstforwine: http://twitpic.com/17xb65 – A new ‘retro’ Rioja label. What do you think? Like?
- RichieWine Great label… RT @thirstforwine: http://twitpic.com/17xb65 – A new ‘retro’ Rioja label. What do you think? Like? (via @wineboffin)
- vinosity @WineChallenge @thirstforwine I would say more Nouveau than Deco, but I also like it a lot.
- ccarter126 Classy RT @thirstforwine: http://twitpic.com/17xb65 – A new ‘retro’ Rioja label. What do you think? Like?
— this quote was brought to you by quoteurl
How about that for value for business? With a properly planned out strategy for getting input and feedback from fans, friends and consumers in general, twitter and other social media tools can be very useful without being complicated or time-consuming. And they can be fun too!